Friday, November 2, 2018

GB Workshop

During the Great Books Workshop I learned a lot even though I was late. I learned what to expect from the course and what to get out of it. They went over a detailed analysis of the syllabus, and taught us some important techniques of writing. They shakers us examples of how to do and how not to do certain things in our writing. For example, they gave us three different topic sentences. Some were good and some were bad. They taught us how to write a good topic sentence and what a good topic sentence looks like, sounds like, and what it is made up of. I learned very valuable tips about rewrites and course grading and about grades for the course. We had a great time. We ate pizza and drank drinks, and had fellowship. Dr. Fullman’s text time is the sound of a lightsaber (which is awesome). There were many perks to going to something such as the workshop, and I encourage all GB students to take part in extracurricular GB activities if possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment